[Reader-list] Lalon & Terror: Re-configuring Political Map During Emergency

Shuddhabrata Sengupta shuddha at sarai.net
Wed Nov 5 21:28:45 IST 2008

Dear all, Dear Kshmendra,

There is a typing mistake in one sentence in my last posting. Since
it can lead to an error in understanding I would like it to be read
as originally intended

The sentence reads -

> We could argue that since the statue of Lalon was not meant as an
> icon for worship, there is no strictly quranic injunction against
> its destruction.

It ought to read as - We could argue that since the statue of Lalon
was not meant as an icon for worship, there is no strictly quranic
injunction either for or against its destruction.

Apologies to all for this error,

best

Shuddha