[Reader-list] [Announcements] Campaign for Sustainability

Jo-Anne Green jo at turbulence.org
Fri Nov 7 22:36:41 IST 2008

Dear Friends,

Our annual Fundraising Campaign begins now. Once again, we need your
support.

2008 was our most active year yet. We launched 30 COMMISSIONED works on
Turbulence.org and Networked_Music_Review; co-presented two exhibitions -
MIXED REALITIES (with Ars Virtua and Huret & Spector Gallery) and LUMENS
(with Greylock Arts and MCLA Gallery 51); co-presented two symposia -
FLOATING POINTS 5: MIXED REALITIES (with Emerson College) and PROGRAMMABLE
MEDIA II: NETWORKED_MUSIC (with Pace Digital Gallery); co-presented UPGRADE!
BOSTON (with Massachusetts College of Art and Design); and participated in
Upgrade! International: CHAIN REACTION (Skopje Macedonia).

What You Can Expect In 2009

1. NETWORKED: A (NETWORKED_BOOK) ABOUT (NETWORKED_ART): we are breaking
ground once again with this innovative project that received a grant from
the National Endowment for the Arts. Currently underway is an international
competition in which five writers will be commissioned ($3,000 US each) to
develop "chapters" that will be open for revision, commentary, and
translation by online collaborators. http://turbulence.org/networked

2. FLOATING POINTS 6: GAME OF CULTURE | ART OF GAMES: the sixth in our
annual speaker series with Emerson College, this will be a day-long
symposium with world-renowned speakers. We will also be screening Marcin
Ramocki's 8 BIT documentary (March 20-21).

3. PACE DIGITAL GALLERY (New York): three new works by New York artists
commissioned especially for this exhibition (spring).

4. UPGRADE! BOSTON: now in its 5th year, our monthly speaker series
continues at Massachusetts College of Art and Design.

5. TURBULENCE.ORG: new commissions, new works launched.

6. NETWORKED_PERFORMANCE and NETWORKED_MUSIC_REVIEW: we will continue to
bring you news, interviews, projects, events, and publications of interest.

If you value these resources and wish to have access to them in the future
PLEASE MAKE A DONATION NOW! (tax deductible for US residents). No amount is
too small! Pay via the PayPal button on the Turbulence homepage:
http://turbulence.org. Or send a check to New Radio and Performing Arts,
Inc., 124 Bourne Street, MA 02131.

Thanks for your generous support.

Warm Regards,

Jo-Anne Green and Helen Thorington
Co-directors

New Radio and Performing Arts, Inc.: http://new-radio.org
New York: 917.548.7780 . Boston: 617.522.3856
Turbulence: http://turbulence.org
Networked_Performance Blog: http://turbulence.org/blog
Networked_Music_Review: http://turbulence.org/networked_music_review
Upgrade! Boston: http://turbulence.org/upgrade