[Reader-list] Ralph Nader, "White" Boy?

V Ramaswamy rama.sangye at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 22:30:32 IST 2008

I think the reaction to Nader also has to do with not knowing very much
about Nader. He is older than Obama. He has worked and spent more blood,
sweat and tears for USA, over much longer than has Obama. Most young
Americans of today would not know what he has achieved for America. Nor is
he interested in holding office. His presidency efforts have been purely for
the edification of his fellow Americans. That he is about as non-racist as
non-racist can be is not known to many today perhaps.
BTW, I attended a lecture by Nadine Gordimer this evening. Asked about the
Obama victory, she clarified that Obama was not a "black" man, he was
actually half black and half white, and thus symbolises the importance and
potential of pluralism.