[Reader-list] sonal shah

Shambhu Rahmat shambhu.rahmat at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 23:35:46 IST 2008

Rajendra
1. They are actually not "my" detailed posts. They are re-posts of
items about Sonal Shah posted by other organizations & authors.
Authorship needs to be made clear.

2. I don't see being Hindu as an advantage or disadvantage per se
(same applies to being Muslim). The issue is that dissenters are
asking Sonal Shah to publicly distance herself completely from VHP,
and condemn as well. So far her public statements have actually done
some of that already, and perhaps the pressure of these various news
items will do it completely.

3. Same with "being united", as long as it is not being united in
order to subjugate a minority. Same sentiment should apply to Muslims
in Muslim majority nations as well (obviously, but it seems such basic
obviousness needs to be repeated ad nauseum on reader list).

4. If someone with a Muslim name was nominated to the Obama
administration, and they had ten years ago raised funds for earthquake
victims and channeled those funds through any number of Muslim
organizations that are on the "watch list" (some cases fairly, some
cases unfairly), I would expect and I know I would see that nominee
get an equal level if not more of inspection by the media and their
own Muslim community.