[Reader-list] fwd : statement Anti-Hussain campaign linked to Malegaon Blast

inder salim indersalim at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 18:35:03 IST 2008

Press Statement

We would like to bring to your attention the reports in the Delhi
press today, that a doctor is being investigated for possible
connections to the alleged conspirators in the Malegaon blast cases in
Maharashtra. The doctor, Dr Ram Pratap Singh is the same man who had
filed cases against painter MF Husain in Delhi courts in 2006. In the
report in the Indian Express, he is mentioned attending meetings with
BL Sharma "Prem". "Prem" is the same man brought by Raghu Vyas to
attack the Academy of Fine Arts in Delhi, run by eminent painter
Arpana Caur ten years ago (23rd February 1998). Ajeet Caur was injured
in that melee and painter Jatin Das was also attacked.

We at SAHMAT have been trying to alert the general public to the fact
that the campaign against Husain is being run at a very high level in
the Hindutva groups and has an extremely serious dimension and is very
well coordinated. The website of the Hindu Janajagruti Samiti,
www.hindujagruti.org, which has led the vicious campaign against
Husain has also spread completely distorted interpretations and titles
of his work, is run by the Sanatan Sanstha, also alleged to have links
with the Nanded blasts.We urge the investigative authorities to
investigate these websites which are spreading hate speech against
artists, other individuals and communities.

We feel this is an extremely alarming development and should be a
wakeup call for us to be more much more vigilant to threats from
extremist groups.

Ram Rahman

for SAHMAT

The link to the story in the Indian Express:

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/Delhi-doc--advisor-to-Pandey--denies-link-with-blast/389111

--

http://indersalim.livejournal.com