[Reader-list] Don’t Hold My Hand Longer Than You Need To (Shuddhabrata Sengupta)

Naeem Mohaiemen naeem.mohaiemen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 23:29:13 IST 2008

What is "Islamic" or "pan Islamic" about these attacks? People born
into Muslim families, or taking on Muslim identities, and then
twisting that into their own twisted justification for gunning down
people? I don't recall any of that as a tenet of the faith I was born
in, raised in, and indoctrinated in through state school up to 12th
grade. I have many many arguments against what we were taught in
school, but gunning people down was not ever a part of even the most
backwards curriculum I had the misfortune to face.