[Reader-list] Pt 2Suketu Mehta and Paul Miller, re: 'What They Hate About Mumbai"

Paul Miller anansi1 at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 30 15:00:37 IST 2008

I just realized that Patrice is implying that I would post something
from a friend who has written a review in the NY Times without
crediting it.

Patrice - that is utterly ridiculous. I often send stuff from my cell
phone because I'm moving around and not sitting at laptop etc I'm in
Vincenza, Italy for a concert for the 500th anniversary of Palladio,
and I was sitting at a cafe using my cell phone for email.

It is really irritating when people get snippy about totally useless
stuff like that.

Anyway,

The other issue I mentioned - yes, my landlord was taken away by the
police for having a huge weapons cache, and I found it extremely
disturbing and weird. I also realized that my loft in Tribeca had been
under surveillance, which is also a strange feeling to have. In light
of what happened in Mumbai, this is all trivial.

In any case, thanx for the re-post. Suketu throws some great dinner
parties in NY!

Anyway...

best,
Paul