[Reader-list] ‘Leave us to mourn in peace’

Aditya Raj Kaul kauladityaraj at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 13:20:33 IST 2008

'Leave us to mourn in peace' Wednesday, October 8, 2008 at 5:10 am

Link - http://www.apakistannews.com/leave-us-to-mourn-in-peace-84544

Slain delhi inspector M C Sharma's family is maintaining a dignified silence
even after all the accussations coming from Samajwadi Party General
secretary Amar Singh. The family has refused to comment on the statements
being made by Mr Singh - saying that the family wants to be left in peace to
mourn their loss.

When approached about the issue a very upset MC Sharma's wife –Maya Sharma
–said, "If anyone doubts his martyrdom, then why don't they do something for
the country? If Amar Singh wants a judicial probe into the Jamia encounter,
he can seek one. But I don't think anybody would leave his son at the
hospital for an encounter. As hard as we are trying to forget the past, we
are constantly reminded of it. Now, we will not accept the cheque Amar Singh
gave us."

Maya Sharma asl added , "The reason I don't want to come in front of the
cameras is because my children are watching television and continuously
crying. We don't need to prove to anybody why my husband did what he did.
We've lost a husband, a son, a father. Please let us cope with this loss.
This is clearly being done for votebank politics."

The family of Inspector Mohan Chand Sharma yesterday refused to accept the
Rs 10 lakh cheque in protest of the 'insensitive' remarks made by Singh over
the encounter.

Singh had expressed doubts over the genuineness of the encounter and went to
the extent of saying the Sharma could have been killed by his colleagues.

Singh had made the comments while on a visit to Jamia Nagar where he spoke
to local leaders and demanded a judicial probe into the encounter.