[Reader-list] Behind the Batla House shootout - Praveen Swami

Aditya Raj Kaul kauladityaraj at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 15:33:52 IST 2008

Javaed bhai,

Thanks for your reply. I wholeheartedly welcome the first two lines of your
e-mail. Not many on this forum have had the courage to call him a martyr of
this nation. Anti-State Bashers are sleeping, I guess, and wake up only when
their "Wonderland" stories are crisp and fine to present.

However, The next part of your mail; really doesn't go too well. How have
you come to the conclusion that Inspector Sharma's death is unclear and
hazy. AIIMS doctors have submitted their report saying terrorists pumped
bullets into him. Also, an expert would know that if it is fired from a very
close range the bullet crosses one's body and leaves more wound and blood at
the exit point. That is where this bull-shit theory of bullet being fired
from back came in. These are all rumours spread by all those who don't want
peace; many such people are in a great rush on this forum too. They love
media publicity they get by speaking against the state and the police; even
though they don't have any strong evidence to back their sick argument.

- Why don't you question the terrorists at any moment of time ?
- How do you think these terrorists managed to get AK-47's in Jamia Nagar ?

Please read my last mail again. I've mentioned clearly that I don't want to
defend any agency, any newspaper or other media; or even pseudo-scalars
present here. I've my point; which I'm trying to make easy for you to
understand. Why should I speak for anyone ? Rather you are doing it. Kindly
introspect and then write.

In regard to the example of my imprisonment; I was just making things easier
for you and explaining the wide range in crime; to help you understand it in
tits and bits. I was arrested with friends during an agitation recently in
the New Delhi area; and was in a lock up for more than 24 hrs and even
though there was strict discipline and we had to pass through law at every
minute. Now, how could you expect a terrorist being given VIP treatment when
an ordinary person with almost no serious crime even faced a tough law and
for good ? Terrorists can't be given all freedom in Jails. They need to be
taken to task; but whatever legal rights they are entitled to should be
provided. And, if state comes in way, Court needs to intervene; that would
be most unfortunate. This, however hasn't happened till now.

Obviously, we can't compare this encounter with any such or other incident
before. This was after a while that something of this nature happened in
such a location in the capital. Surely, it had some larger strategy in mind.

I don't understand how, why and from where and  in which context do you
blame Praveen Swami and India Today. Why would have Praveen Swami then
written about it in the newspaper column and not a front page article ?
Doesn't this tinkle in your mind anywhere ? If India Today did it, where was
Aaj Tak and Headlines Today ?

Blaming is the best and easiest you can do. In that case, even I can say
that only channels like NDTV, CNN-IBN and a few more are more pseudo and are
covering only your point of view. They lay emphasis on this false story that
this encounter was fake. How would you justify this ?

You are speaking more like any rival media group....lol Please don't get
this intra-media war in here. As I said, crime journalists have sources in
Police and even Home Ministry and elsewhere; that is where they get their
store of information. Maybe, other journalists are not interested. That is
their choice. Also, "The Hindu" is more of a leftist paper. That is more
strange for you, for me.

I think 'India Today' in the last year or more have been one of the only
media groups to counter and expose the Government at the Centre from various
corners. How can you come to such a strange conclusion then ? Isn't it just
to immature on your part ?
They did ask questions, and continue to. I'm not defending. My opinion.

I reiterate, this mere anti-state propaganda by activists who are 'good at
nothing' and trying to appease Musims; as elections are round the corner.

I'm not at fault, if all TERRORISTS are MUSLIMS :-) They call it Jihad. Am I
wrong ?

Even I've nothing against you. So, kindly don't be the one to defend
terrorists and speak on their behalf. As you said, Prashant Bhushan is there
to handle that. Isn't it ?

Love
Aditya Raj Kaul