[Reader-list] HOW COMMUNAL IS INDIA TODAY?

V Ramaswamy rama.sangye at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 16:18:43 IST 2008

There is "secularism" in the Western sense, or the Leftist sense. And there
is the understanding of "secularism" as it exists in India. The latter is
the former for some, but for most seculars, it means coexistence and respect
for all religions and all communities, equality of all religions and
communities.

I would like to refer friends to my article on the subject - see:
http://cuckooscall.blogspot.com/2007/02/building-positive-peace-between-hindu.html

I had prepared a bibliography a few years ago, on Hindu-Muslim relations. I
would be glad to send that to anyone interested. Its 11 pages or so.

best

rama