[Reader-list] Help with a phrase

Navayana Publishing navayana at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 12:08:10 IST 2008

Hey Sanjay!
I did not know Jashn-e-Azadi was a blockbuster movie! I was under the
impression that it was rather sombre documentary... but then, the real
documentaries on Kashmir had Shammy Kapoor rolling in the snow and singing
yahoooo or saira banu preening as the kashmir ki kali; and then there was
the starkly real Roja, and more recently Yahaan.While Manirathnam makes
documentaries, you are the real blockuster maker, funded surely by the
Mumbai underworld (of course, also the terror-funders)...
Anand

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 11:36 PM, Aditya Raj Kaul
<kauladityaraj at gmail.com>wrote:

> Well said Lalitji. I need not say anything more. Its self explanatory.
>
> Just wanted to add something interesting in a news item; informing people
> about Syed Ali Shah Geelani's surgery in the Indian Capital. In a
> blockbuster movie titled "Jashn-e-Aazadi" (read: Freedom to kill Kashmiri
> Pandits) directed by none other than Sanjay Kak (Need I say more?!);
> Geelani
> goes on to say; even if they (India) lay roads of gold for us; we won't
> accept them. We'll boycott just everything.
>
> Wonder how the Indian Pacemaker works out well with him? Indian Pacemaker
> Battery is worse? He shouldn't take chances I guess. Read the attached
> story
> for more on this.
>
>  I'll return hale and hearty: Geelani*
>
> Rising Kashmir News*
>
> Srinagar, Oct 10: Two days ahead of his departure for treatment in Delhi,
> Hurriyat Conference (G) chairman, Syed Ali Geelani expressed hope that he
> will return home hale and hearty after the surgery.
>
> "Indian agencies attacked me 14 times but they could not take away even my
> single hair. I will be return soon hale and hearty after undergoing
> treatment in Delhi's Escorts hospital," the septuagenarian leader said.
>
> Geelani said the pacemaker in his heart installed on April 25, 1997 is one
> of the longest living pacemakers. "Its battery has to be replaced and
> people
> should not work. It will be a normal treatment," said Geelani.
>
> "Doctors SKIMS has advised me to go for the intestinal checkup
> (gastroenterology) at Delhi. I will leave for treatment to Delhi Sunday
> afternoon and will be treated by the doctors at Escorts hospital," he
> added.
>
> Geelani to have pacemaker change
> Kashmir Watch
>
> Srinagar, Oct 8: Hurriyat Conference (G) Chairman, Syed Ali Geelani, was
> discharged from Sher-e-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences, Soura, with
> an
> advice for a pacemaker change in New Delhi's Escort's Hospital.
>
>  He is likely to leave for New Delhi on October, 12 but will attend the
> Co-ordination Committee meet scheduled for today.
>
> Thanks
> Aditya Raj Kaul
>

> On 10/15/08, Lalit Ambardar <lalitambardar at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > This is no ignorance but a syndrome. Quite typical of those who refuse to
> > see or hear any thing that doesn't suit their senses or their uni-track
> > ideological persuasions or personal interests. Anyway here is the update.
> >
> >   "Azadi- bara- e- Islam" (freedom through Islam) is just an improvised
> > version of those more familiar provocations  like "hum ko kya chahiye-
> > azadi, azadi ka matlab kya- la ilah e ilallah" (what do we
> > want-independence, what dose independence mean- la ilah e ilallah) and
> > "yahan kya chalega –Nizam e Mustafa" (what will rule here- Nizam e
> Mustafa)
> [...]

Navayana Publishing
M-110 (First Floor)
Saket
New Delhi--110017
Ph: +91 9971433117

Registered address:
Navayana Publishing
54, I Floor
Savarirayalu Stree
Pondicherry 605001
Ph: 91-413-2223337
Mobile: 91-94430-33305
www.navayana.org

Join Navayana Book Club and avail free books and special discounts!
http://www.navayana.org/display.php?id=5