[Reader-list] Another 'encounter' averted in Jamia area?

ambarien qadar ambarien at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Oct 18 13:44:18 IST 2008

Dear Aditya,

I am a bit wary of foregrounding the personal in conversations such as these. Let us not get down to "your story is cooked and not mine". This helps neither of us beyond a point.
What is crucial in this case is how multiple narratives emerge around a singular event. What positions we take depends on our own personal histories and where we come from. And if we are not willing to listen to other voices... if we are too obsessed with our own...then is it not pointless?

best
Ambarien