[Reader-list] Malegaon blast: now 2 ex-Armymen under scanner

Javed javedmasoo at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 22:28:05 IST 2008

Malegaon blast: Two ex-Armymen under scanner
25 Oct 2008, 2150 hrs IST, PTI
MUMBAI: Two persons, suspected to be ex-army personnel, were on
Saturday questioned in Pune in connection with the September 29
Malegaon blast,
police sources said here.

The two persons, whose identities were not revealed, were taken in for
questioning, they said.

Three persons have been arrested, including a sadhvi, for their
alleged involvement in the Malegaon blast which claimed the lives of
six persons.

Senior ATS officials in Mumbai and Pune refused to comment on the issue.

Senior ATS officials in Mumbai remained for most part of the day at
the Kalachowkie unit of the ATS in central Mumbai where the three
arrested persons were being kept.

A team from the ATS was also present in Indore for further
investigations. Shivnarayan Gopalsingh Kalsangra, 36, and Shyam
Sabarlal Sahu, 42, a mobile telephone shop owner, were arrested from
Indore and had also founded the Rashtriya Jagran Manch in the city.

ATS officials had confirmed that RDX had been used in the blast but
had refused to elaborate where the arrested trio had obtained the
explosive from.

====

 It is wrong to use term 'Hindu terrorists': BJP
Press Trust of India
Friday, October 24, 2008, (New Delhi)

BJP on Friday said it was wrong to use the term "Hindu terrorists" for
the alleged extremists arrested on charges of the Malegaon blasts and
charged "some section" of trying to malign the majority community.

"Some section are trying to malign the majority community. BJP is
objecting to the term Hindu terrorists, which is wrong. Nobody is
saying that the law must not take its course. No one can say that. A
terrorist is a terrorist irrespective of his caste or religion," party
leader Yashwant Sinha said in a press conference in New Delhi on
Friday.

"Investigations should happen but the whole majority community is
being assailed. We object to the ultra secularists. We object to what
Brinda Karat(CPI-M) said in the House yesterday that it was Hindu
terrorism," he added.

"Vaiko has been arrested because he made a speech in support of LTTE,
why haven't those people been arrested who are speaking in favour of
the SIMI," Sinha questioned. "This is the level that vote bank
politics has reached, by condemning the majority, one seeks to gain
the minority vote," he said.

"It is for government of India to consider a decision in the matter of
banning an organisation. If we support the decision we will stand with
it," said Sinha when asked if his party would support banning Hindu
outfits which have alleged linkages with the arrested men and women.

One is trying to give a bad name to the majority community just
because one or one and a half act. No one has the right to use the
word Hindu terrorists, he added.