[Reader-list] one more Kashmiri Pundit email & I'll commit suicide

Kshmendra Kaul kshmendra2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 26 18:31:14 IST 2008

Dear Tapas

With what you have written, what is the difference between you and such voices who unthinkingly brand as "Anti-Hindu" or "Pseudo-secular" or "Islamists" etc those people who might talk about issues of Humanism?

Talking about Kashmiri Pandit issues does not automatically make a person a follower of the Hindutva agenda.

You might have a better appreciation of the "angst" shown on this List by KPs if instead of that idiotic term of 'migration' you see the reality of the Internal Displacement that took place.

You might better understand the frustrations when you recognise that a Unique Human Socio/Cultural/Religious Sub-Set, removed from the Land where it should exist for it's continuation and evolvement, is on the verge of extinction because of the Internal Displacemernt from it's nurturing environment.

I am always amazed that people who can be highly sensitive to various Displacements (Tribal, Forest etc) and sensitive to to sub-sets of species becoming extinct (Turtles, Deer, Tigers etc) have a completely different (contradictory and hypocritical) attitude if the 'on verge of extinction' Human Socio/Cultural/Religious Sub-Set of Kashmiri Pandits is brought to their notice.

I will be the first one to admit that the issues concerning Kashmiri Pandits are not presented in the most appealing manner. That does not take away from the seriousness of the issue.

Kshmendra