[Reader-list] Wishes for the Festival of lights

we wi dhatr1i at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 28 16:12:18 IST 2008

Those who all are celebrate diwali knew about these, but as you requested let me explain!

>>>For men the names of Seven achievers to be recited are as follows :

>>>" Ashwthamo, Balir Vyaso, Hanumanshcha, Vibhishanaha,
>>>   Krupaha Parashuramashcha,Saptaite Chirangivinaha"

These are the 7 people alive for ever(mrityunjay)!

      1) Ashwatham-- Son of dronachary(Mahabharat )
      2) Bali--  The Rakhas/Asura King (Who donated everything including himself to vaman
          Vaman(Vishnu) asked for 3 feet land as donation from the king as Bali asked
          vaman "what do he want".  Being emperor BALI felt that vaman( too small person)
          has had asked him for agraharas,jem,jewelry,money as he donated too much to
          the rithviks who performed the yagna.    But with this 3 feet land desire from vaman
          BALI  astonished and ready to offer. But BALIS guru KNEW that vaman is the
          vishnu and warned bali about this.  By the time BALI MENTALLY PREPARED and
          said that "if my hand is upper over vishnu(sarvyantaryami) and I am donating, what
          ever i loose let it be".  BALI donated 3 feet land BY POURING WATER THROUGH A
          KALAS.  Shukracharya the master still tried to stop this donation(BECAUSE THIS
         DONATION WILL CAUSE THE END OF ASURAS AND HIS KING BALI) by
         ABDUCTING THE WATER FALL  from the BALI HANDS INTO VAMAN.  By using a
         small grass VAMAN cleared the kalas path and hence SHUKRACHARYA lost his
         EYE.  After the donation VAMAN occupied the earth with one foot, sky with another
         then asked BALI for the the 3rd foot.  ASURA KING shown his head for the 3rd foot
         of vaman and hence the peace restoration and the MRITIYATVA to BALI
     3) Vyas --. Before his time the Hindu scriptures were passed down orally from teacher
         to student for generations. This process naturally resulted in many versions being
         propagated. It was impossible for anyone outside the community of priests and seers
         to learn about and understand the scriptures. Krishna Dwaipayana classified the
        Vedic hymns into four groups, which became the four Vedas.

       BESIDE THIS HE DICTATED THE MAHABHARAT

     4) Hanuman -- The son of AIR/DEVOTEE OF RAM/The founder of SITHA
     5) Vibhishan -- The brother of RAVAN
    6) Krupacharya -- The master of kaurav/pandav until dronacharya presence
    7) Parashurama(6th avathar) -- Who conquer the earth 21 times and donated in charity
        to  KASYAP

   These are 7 are alive still in this world somewhere and by remembering them brings prosperity.

>>>For women the five names are as follows:

>>>"Ahalya, Draupati, Seetha, Tara, Mandodari Tatha,
>>>Panchakanyaha Smarennithyam Mahapataka Nashanam"

By remembering these 5 all the sins will be annihilated.

   1) Ahalya -- WIFE OF SAGE Gautama/
   2) Draupati -- WIFE OF PANDAVAS/
   3) Seetha -- WIFE OF RAM/
   4) Tara -- WIFE OF VAALI
   5) Mandodari--WIFE of RAVAN

   Fullest definitions for the words ememring through are beyond the context.  Most of the country stop doing these things but still old people are chanting and performing these things probably for their satisfaction.

Some time back SHIVAM forwarded a mail containing false history about BALI and the angust created by some Pradeep(DALIT BUDDIST as per SHIVAM).  Towards that i responded but this is the actual History about BALI.  Hope you all notice it.

Can we also have the meanings of the names?

And here's wishing everyone a happy Diwali from the White Ribbon Campaign.

Best Wishes of the season,
Raheema.

Reciting the below, the oil from drops set on the arm, is taken in the fingers by the lady and applied to the head, cheeks, shoulders, waist, knees and feet, repeated three times. It is Ashirvadam for the youngster to live long and prosperously.

For men the names of Seven achievers to be recited are as follows :

" Ashwthamo, Balir Vyaso, Hanumanshcha, Vibhishanaha,
Krupaha Parashuramashcha,Saptaite Chirangivinaha"

For women the five names are as follows:

"Ahalya, Draupati, Seetha, Tara, Mandodari Tatha,
Panchakanyaha Smarennithyam Mahapataka Nashanam"

     Wishing you all a very happy and prosporous DEEPAWALI.

Regards,
Dhatri.

http://whosebody.wordpress.com