[Reader-list] Kashmir-Tanks on busy market squares - Harsh Mander

S. Jabbar sonia.jabbar at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 18:58:16 IST 2008

A common mistake that people make when they come across armoured vehicles
with LMGs mounted on top.

> From: Kshmendra Kaul <kshmendra2005 at yahoo.com>
> Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 06:14:17 -0700 (PDT)
> To: sarai list <reader-list at sarai.net>
> Subject: [Reader-list] Kashmir-Tanks on busy market squares - Harsh Mander
>
> The well known personality Harsh Mander is quoted as saying:

""""""" Even in
> small towns, you encounter even today bullet-proof tanks stationed on busy
> market squares ...... """""

Would someone please let me know if this is
> true. Are there 'tanks' stationed on busy market squares even in the small
> towns of Kashmir? This is the first time I have heard of this.

Ex IAS cadre
> and current Director Action Aid India, Harsh Mander is not expected to speak
> untruths. He is unlikely to mistake some other vehicle for being a
> "tank".

If it is true then it is shameful.

If it is not true, then Harsh
> Mander was being deliberately and deviously deceitful. "Tanks" being stationed
> at busy market squares 'even in small towns' presents quite a damning
> picture.

The quote is from a Press Release (02/09/08) by 'Kashmiri American
> Council'  about a seminar in Columbus, Ohio, USA . It was at a convention of
> ISNA (Islamic Society of North America).

Kshmendra