[Reader-list] Mediamatic Travel BOARDING CALL 2009

Merel - Mediamatic merel at mediamatic.net
Mon Sep 8 19:12:01 IST 2008

Mediamatic Travel

BOARDING CALL 2009

In January 2009 Mediamatic Foundation, in collaboration with Partizan
Publik, will open the very first Do It Yourself Travel Agency.
Mediamatic Travel will facilitate trips to the contemporary cultural
scene worldwide. Contemporary Culture is produced in many places where
the general audience just imagines civil war, pyramids, famine or
cheese. Mediamatic Travel will connect local operators in the arts to
professional visitors from abroad and peers. The goal is to enhance
visibility and promote collaboration.

We’ll use 3 main channels: a global on line network, a shiny travel
catalogue and an exhibition in Amsterdam, Mediamatics home base.

Mediamatic Travel will be an art project itself: utilising embedded
tourism to achieve a global sensory network for creative innovation.
Among our first batch of destinations are Cairo, Damascus,
Novosibirsk, Tbilisi, Beirut, Kabul, Durban, Dubai, Nairobi, Shenzhen,
Shanghai, Mexico City, Gaza City, Istanbul, Tirana, Prague, Kyoto,
Detroit and Rio de Janeiro.

We are looking for key people around the world to work with us on this
project. If you live in a city so exciting worth showing off, there
are a number of different ways in which you can participate in
Mediamatic Travel. Linking into the global cultural underground, with
a climbing level of involvement, you could become a friend, an agent,
a guide or operator:

— Friends: Register to our site and make new friends using our social
network tool.
— Guides: Conjure up city tours in you city, show people your work
and / or the work of people you value.
— Agents: Advocate you and your city on the online network, make
suggestions for people, places and venues to explore.
— Operators: Organise complete full package trips to the cultural
scene of your city and region.

Obviously there are many more ways to collaborate and we would love to
hear your input and suggestions. We want you to join the Mediamatic
Travel network!

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Merel

Mediamatic Travel

For further information please visit www.mediamatic.net/travel or send
an e-mail to travel at mediamatic.net