[Reader-list] after yesterday in Delhi

Partha Dasgupta partha.dasgupta at eliteinfomachine.com
Sun Sep 14 16:28:53 IST 2008

Dear Radhika Rajen,

In may mails on this list you have pointed out how the elected
representative is only a beneficiary divided caste votes and not a true
representative.

Now you jump to another point altogether and talk about the UPA chairperson
and the eloctorate.

Please  stick to a viewpoint as it is hard to trace what your viewpoint is.
If you have changed your viewpoint, then please denote so.

In any case, saw the killings (directly and first hand in Delhi) during the
Sikh militancy days and have seen communal riots in Baroda, Gujarat; and all
I can say is that when herd mentality takes over the common sense is lost.

Also, from Babri Masjid to the incapable idiots who got blown up some time
back, we have seen Hindu militancy.

Either we can agree that militancy in all forms is wrong or we can quibble
about shades of right or wrong.

So, where do you stand:

a)   Militancy & armed conflict is wrong

OR

b)   Hindu's are allowed to have a conflict as they have been repressed as a
majority
      and that cases like Godhra, Sikh killings in Delhi and Babri Masjid
are justified.

Rgds, Partha

PS: I do note that when you talk of terror, you never refer to the LTTE
(Hindu & Indian) which is considered as one of the most dangerous terrorist
organisations and has killed a Prime Minister of India (and is not Muslim or
Christian) or the killing of Indira Gandi - or is it that since they were
not BJP/RSS that you do not consider them a loss?

Partha Dasgupta
+919811047132