[Reader-list] Some Points from discussions

radhikarajen at vsnl.net radhikarajen at vsnl.net
Mon Sep 15 18:37:30 IST 2008

Here are my two pennies- : )

    To start, this being the holy month of Ramzan, for this month let us start with islamic criminal jurisprudence in Kashmir. The leaders in Kashmir are the first to take advantage of freedom of expression, rights of the individuals assured and guaranteed by indian constitution, but do not accept the duties under the constitution. Worst, they do not respect the indian constitution itself, but want the best of both worlds, that is rights of democracy and islamic state in kashmir.

  Uniform civil code is not acceptable to these leaders, so let us start with islamic sharia laws for the guilty. Judiciary as per the constitution is taking long to adjudicate the crimes, so for this holy month of Ramzan, let Kashmir be ruled by islamic laws.

  My imagination is failing me to think of all the consequences that may follow out of this one decision.  To start with in sharia all those who ar e  against the state are traitors, so the punishment is beheading.! All those who kill others have to pay blood money, and have to be pardoned as otherwise they have to face death. All those who steal, their hands have to be chopped off.

   So, now the separatist leaders who have been instrumental in getting innocents killed, without any prolonged trials under the constitutional provisions , be tried under sharia, suitable punishment be given.

  Regards.