[Reader-list] "India can’t afford to fall victim to psywar" - Open Statement

Vivek Narayanan vivek at sarai.net
Fri Sep 19 09:41:17 IST 2008

Hi,

Because of plain text mangling, the signatories to this "either you're
with or you're against us" letter below got a little bit squished
together and unclear.  I thought I would copy and repost the names of
the signatories at the top so we can clearly see who they all are:

(update after having disaggregated this-- my god, it's a scary list!)

Signatories to the open statement:

1. Subhash Chandra, chairman, Essel Group

2. Maj Gen Afsir Karim (retd)

3. Ajit Doval, KC, former Director, IB

4. MJ Akbar, Renowned journalist

5. Anil Baijal, former Union Home Secretary

6. Admiral Arun Prakash (retd) former Navy Chief

7. Air Marshal S.R. Deshpandey (retd)

8. Dhirendra Singh, former Union Home Secretary

9. G Parthasarthy, IFS (retd) former Indian High Commissioner to Pakistan

10. Rajiv Sikri IFS (retd) former Secretary, Ministry of External Affairs.

11. CD Sahay, former Secretary (RAW)

12. Lt. General R.K. Sawhney (retd), former Dy Chief of Army Staff

13. Satish Chandra IFS (retd) former Deputy to National Security Advisor
and Secretary National Security Counsil

14. Lt General Shantanu Chaudhary (retd), former Vice Chief of Army Staff

15. Air Chief Marshal SP Tyagi (retd) former Air Chief

16. Ved Marwah, former Director General National Security Guard and
former Governor, Manipur and Jharkhand

17. Vijay Kapoor, former Lt. Governor, Delhi

18. Vikram Sood, former Secretary (RAW)

19.Sudhir Agarwal, Director Dainik Bhaskar Group

20. K Memani, Chairman-Emeritus, Ernst & Young.