[Reader-list] Seditious articles on Kashmir criticised

Nazneen Anand Shamsi nazoshmasi at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 19 15:49:44 IST 2008

Dear Aarti,

Please explain how many years constitute a civilization? For that matter,
please elucidate the relationship between temporal continuity and a concept,
if any? Why should 'pride in being Indian' exclude love for land? As far as
history books are concerned, I would ask, who is to decide which fiction of
the archives is valid? Nation state  is a fragile concept, and whats wrong
in subduing those who make it more vulnerable? To not to do so is I think
not allow one to take a pill if one is afflicted by a minor virus and hope
that the body will cope on its own...it is ridiculous isn't it?

Regards

Nazo