[Reader-list] Surfers reach out to hero's family

Aditya Raj Kaul kauladityaraj at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 19:52:45 IST 2008

 Surfers reach out to hero's family
 Shobhit Sujay - NDTV
Saturday, September 20, 2008, (New Delhi)

The Friday encounter between Delhi Police and the terrorists in the densely
populated Jamia Nagar locality of south Delhi ended after almost an hour of
firing. Two terrorists got killed in the exchange of fire, certainly a stamp
of success for the police.

But the hero of the encounter, Inspector Mohan Chand Sharma, who led the
force into L-18, the house where the terrorists were hidden, was also hit by
four bullets. He was immediately rushed to the Holy Family Hospital but he
succumbed to his injuries later in the evening.

The demise of one of the Delhi Police's bravest cops came as a huge setback
for the all those who feel for the well being of the country. Surfers at
NDTV.com have shared their grief. Messages have poured in from those who pay
their homage to the martyr of what was probably the most fearsome encounter
of cops with the terrorists in the Capital.

A surfer Aditya Pareek has said that inspector Sharma gave up his life in a
benevolent effort to track down the terrorists.

"He is a Martyr in the true sense and will be remembered for times to come.
The country has lost a good police officer and a good resource that played a
key role in efforts to eradicate terrorism," said Pareek.

Few other surfers have called inspector Sharma a the hero of the nation.

"The hero of the nation has done something to save country from so called
terrorist. May his soul rest in peace, my deepest condolence to his family
and friends," said Suresh Yadav from Hyderabad.

"India need more Sharmas to eradicate terrorism in our country. My heartfelt
condolence to Sharmas heroic family," said Venkat, another NDTV.com surfer.

The surfers have also wished the proud family of the martyr all the courage.

"We Indians are proud of Inspector Sharma. I would like to convey my
condolence to the family and would pray to god to give his wife and kids
strength to deal with the irreparable loss," said Sonam Arora.

Surfers at NDTV.com have asked the nation to stand together in expressing
gratitude to the brave martyr and show that we respect the brave hearts.

"I request all patriotic Indians to express their gratitude to the brave M C
Sharma. May god give him eternal peace, give strength to his family to bear
this loss. As long as Indian security forces have officers like him, we will
eventually win battle against terrorism. The need is for the whole nation to
show that we respect these brave hearts," said NDTV.com Jeevan Tiwari.

However, he also said that the incident must come as a learning experience
for the police. He pointed towards the adequate security measures that the
police failed to take at the right moment.