[Reader-list] Jamia Millia University should be prosecuted

srirang jha jha.srirang at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 21:23:04 IST 2008

Jamia Millia Islamia is setting a wrong example by providing legal aid to
the accused in Delhi bomb blast. The University exists for education and
nothing else. Our constitution provides for legal assistance to any one who
cannot afford a lawyer. So the students of JMI who are arrested for their
alleged role in the Blast may get legal assistance from the Legal Aid Cell
of the Supreme Court of India.
I do not understand why an intellectual like Mushirul Hasan would indulge in
such a pastime as this. Let the law of the land take its course.

Srirang Jha