[Reader-list] EACH NIGHT(Jamia Shootings)

Partha Dasgupta parthaekka at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 11:05:32 IST 2008

Dear Aditya,

1.  I think we would all have to agree that there is a major disconnect between
     the initial 'break through' announcements and the facts that are coming
     out.

2.  Everything said and done, with some of the people giving exams when they
     were supposed to be in another city, etc., the 'official version'
is becoming
     extremely patchy.

3.  Even with all our patriotism / nationalism, all of us have seen
enough bungling
     by the police in a number of cases that we take their claims with
a whole bag
     of salt (instead of just a pinch) till the facts match the
initial claims. The Arushi
     and Jessica cases are recent examples which make this obvious. Presume
     you would agree on this as Roots in Kashmir was a part of the movement
     against miscarriage of justice.

4.  If someone from my school / college was caught for a crime
(especially someone
     I know well), my first reaction too would be disbelief.

Rgds, Partha

Partha Dasgupta
+919811047132