[Reader-list] Subjectivism in CPI-M on the History of CPI Split

Pawan Durani pawan.durani at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 14:43:25 IST 2008

Two allegations, indeed, are traded against the CPI-M by a section of
political commentators. One, "the CPI-M was formed in 1964 at the behest of
the Com-munist Party of China". Two, "the CPI-M sided with China on the
India-China border dispute"............

The walk-out by 32 NC members in April 1964 was the first definite move
towards the formation of a parallel CPI, not really an ideological
compulsion. After walking out of the NC, Jyoti Basu said: "We are out of it.
We are the Communist Party of India. We do not recognise them" (meaning S.
A. Dange, C Rajeswara Rao, N. K. Krishnan, et al) as the Communist Party
(Asian Recorder,1964, p. 5810). The obsession with the instrumentality of
the two letters of 1924,......................

The Chinese, as apprehended, invited them for a dialogue on the Sino-Indian
border conflict. Damodaran abided by the advice of the CPI chief, but Konar
disregarded Ghosh's advice on the alibi of listening to the Chinese position
dispassionately. Openly pro-Peking, Konar walked into the trap, went to
Peking and even met with Mao.

The complete article article is availabe at :
http://www.mainstreamweekly.net/article816.html