[Reader-list] Jamia Millia University should be prosecuted

inder salim indersalim at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 08:20:35 IST 2008

 sorry, a little typing error copped in the opening line of second para.
it should be

if we dont keep a check on ourselves, then we can become a part of the
later ( the perpetartors ) since everybody is a victim in their own
ways.

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 8:14 AM, inder salim <indersalim at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>> streets in Kashmir 19 years ago ranting 'e zalimo e kafiro Kashmir hamara
>> schod do' & 'yahan kya chalega- nizame Mustafa' directed at the then
>> beleaguered Hindu Pandits.
>>
>> Life, death & the mask of course have become just the tools. Who actually
>> die is immaterial , but how many have, becomes an issue - a tool.
>> You should hear that  author of 'azadi- bara- e- Islam' in that  propaganda
>> stuff 'J -e -A' where in  he quiet brazenly  justifies death quoting holy
>> scriptures, of the credulous Kashmiri masses in encounters with the security
>> forces as martyrdom while he himself availed of the services of a state
>> owned aircraft to have him airlifted from a Ranchi jail to Mumbai for
>> treatment. He continues to be on 'sick, leave' from the jail since
>> then while the number of the dead masses in the jihad at his behest  keeps
>> increasing day by day............
>>
>> And that other 'used' & 'abandoned' by his 'foreign masters' terror
>> commander also a protagonist ( & possibly a promoter as well)of that
>> propaganda stuff J -e -A(who also turns into a Gandhian to appease the
>> compulsive peaceniks when  in Delhi ) who lead so many young into the death
>> trap gets himself treated abroad & so lives on .
>> Regards
>> LA
>>

>> ________________________________
>>> Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 19:57:50 +0100
>>> From: nazoshmasi at googlemail.com
>>> To: indersalim at gmail.com
>>> CC: reader-list at sarai.net
>>> Subject: Re: [Reader-list] Jamia Millia University should be prosecuted
>>>
>>> On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 7:19 PM, Nazneen Anand Shamsi <
>>> nazoshmasi at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear Inder,
>>>
>>> Thank you for your mail. It was a pleasure to read all those quotes
>>> inter meshed with your thoughts. The foreground/background dialectic
>>> again!
>>> I often think about death in relation to time and memory. As we grow older
>>> we are burdened with the memory of times gone by. Yet when we are living a
>>> moment we are so unaware of the weight we are producing for ourselves. We
>>> do
>>> things because we want to. Yet that want seems so hollow after a while.
>>> Bereft of any meaning. Devoid of any essence. We want to move on. Change
>>> with times. Time of course, is experiential. I think about the intensity
>>> of
>>> the present which consumes all other moments. The one which has just gone
>>> by
>>> and the one which is yet to come.
>>>
>>> Why is it that there is no memory of immediate present? We remember time
>>> only through events. In this respect that quote from Socrates seems so
>>> apt,
>>> ' my face is merging with the mask'. He did not die a natural death. He
>>> choose his time and place. He choose his event. He knew. He was aware.
>>> Suicide for me, is perhaps much more than theologically inspired concept
>>> 'weakness'. It is a moment of truth. In this world of appearances, where

--

http://indersalim.livejournal.com