[Reader-list] Work Programme 2009-14 (Congress Manifesto)

Taha Mehmood 2tahamehmood at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 4 08:26:56 IST 2009

Dear All

These bits below are from the manifestos of the Indian National Congress
and the Communist Party of India (Marxist) respectively, vis-a-vis their
position on the National Identity Card. As we can make out both these
parties seem very toned down in its rhetoric on the national identity
card. While Congress seems to take the argument of  'right' and 'pride',
for CPIM the argument for the card is made through social security.

Regards

Taha

http://www.congress.org.in/home-layout-manifesto.php

Citizenship is a right and a matter of pride. With the huge IT expertise
available in our country, it is possible to provide every Indian with a
unique identity card after the publication of the national population
register in the year 2011.

http://www.indian-elections.com/partymanifestoes/cpim.html

Setting up special welfare board for fish workers and providing them
identity cards and social security schemes;