[Reader-list] The world’s cheapest car?

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 17:01:18 IST 2009

And instead of criticizing such subsidies, we have people who instead
justify Modi's far-sightedness in bringing about industrial
development to Gujarat. A very important article, and I feel not only
this, but other kinds of data regarding pollution need to be brought
in, so also the deteriorating effects these private vehicles are
having on our health system.

It would have been better had the Gujarat government had instead
subsidized some public vehicle making plant, as that would have
benefited all. Instead our governments are ready to do what the US
govt generally does, bend down to the corporates. The day we all lose
our money like this, probably doles would be given to people without
guarantee to continue this capitalist system. And we will go down the
drain sooner or later like the US has if we continue with this.