[Reader-list] What after MNIC? The MIND, the final frontier.

Vivek Narayanan vivek at sarai.net
Thu Apr 9 22:17:04 IST 2009

Dear Kshemendra,

Phew!  Thank goodness.  Now do editorialise and judge a bit and tell me
what you actually think of the "News Report".  Don't be shy now.  Utter
poppycock, I hope?

As for Applied Psycholinguistics and Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (doesn't
the sci-fi sound of the latter term get you hot and bothered?)-- yes,
brain mapping is used extensively and people are learning a lot more
than they knew before-- but none of the "applications" are of any help
with terrorism!  I'm afraid that neuroscience has even fewer insights
into the nature of terrorism than you do.

Thanks for the clarification!  I wouldn't want to think less of you just
because you posted such an ill-informed article without comment.

Vivek