[Reader-list] Fwd: interesting facts

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 10:42:37 IST 2009

During cricket matches, our people raise flags of different nations,
including that of Pakistan as well. Shouldn't that be opposed too?

Secondly, assuming that the flag is indeed Pakistani (I am not sure how to
look at this matter, so assuming), whta further action was taken by the
police there? What did the district collector, the state govt and the
central govt do? Why is the raising of Pakistani flag wrong, if I may ask?
If I tomorrow raise a Malaysian or a South African flag, people would hardly
bother, but if it's a Pakistani flag, people raise a hue and cry. Why?

Is the raising of Pakistani flag a sign of loyalty to Pakistan? If that's
the case, why should Indians living in England support India, for when they
are English citizens? Why should they raise their Indian flag? Shouldn't
they support the English cricket team? And going by your argument, aren't
Indians anti-English? And yet, it's the very same community whom we expect
to support our cricket players when they play cricket. Why? Aren't we also a
part of this anti-English nation campaign as well?

Neither has anybody talked about the follow-up action of the govt and
pointed out deficiencies/negligence/good doings in it, nor has anybody
pointed out the reason as to why this flag raising is wrong. Please do
enlighten me on this.

As for the NDA rule having more terror attacks, I would say that this figure
is more based I think on including the terror attacks in Kashmir. One can
say that the situation in Kashmir was much better during the UPA regime
(probably the fruits of peace process, non-violent demonstration culture
across the entire state of J & K, and also some change due to the 'healing
process' of Mufti Sayeed, or other possible reasons may be there.).

My understanding is that both UPA and NDA are incompetent of stopping the
terror brigade from here. After all, it's the intelligence which cracks
modules, not politicians like Advani or Sonia Gandhi or Modi. And while
Shivraj Patil may have been lax, the terrorists don't have any strategic
interest to attack India for now primarily because diplomatic pressure on
Pakistani state creates problems for ISI if they conduct another terror
attack.

As for the NDA, they started a peace process which resulted in terror
network spreading across India, and which was followed by the UPA. I am not
saying the peace process is wrong, but modules should have worked
effectively in the short run. At the same time, the governments should have
made efforts to sort out the feelings like Muslim appeasement and Hindu
tyranny running amongst a section of Hindus and Muslims respectively.

Possible steps could have been bringing further conversation between the
people living in ghettoes, a common public based education system, and
certainly a uniform civil code based on principles enshrined in Constitution
of India which could have ensured that the clergy can't decide the fate of
the common people.

It is here that the UPA has failed. The NDA failed most miserably by
allowing Gujarat. And it's the same Gujarat which is used as a justification
now to have these terror blasts in India.

Intelligence tapping is a short term solution; the long term goal lies in
creating a society based on values and ideals in resonance with those
enshrined in the Constitution of India, as well as based on reason, natural
law and principles of justice. And if we don't do that, Hindutva and Indian
Mujahideen terror is what in store for us, and we deserve it.

Make no mistake about it, if we dont' change our society, howsoever much we
may not agree, we deserve these terror attacks.

Regards

Rakesh