[Reader-list] What after MNIC? The MIND, the final frontier.

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 19:56:55 IST 2009

Dear all

I don't think MNIC (or for that matter police reforms, intelligence and
other things) are the way to weed out terrorists; they are only mechanisms
at best to make terrorists more careful to avoid such traps.

Any police reform, any intelligence activities, any kind of espionage
carried out on foreign territory or a MNIC for multiple purposes, are hardly
going to be any use. Even if implemented properly, they only ensure that the
so-called 'terrorists' are doubly careful about what they do and how to go
about their operations. The real threat can be removed when both the
Al-qaeda led global network of terror and our Hindutva-led home-grown
terrorists are made to look at the real picture of the world, and we have
'ghar vapasi programs' (terminology happily borrowed from RSS programs) of
these people by making them shed their ideological baggage.

In other words, inki soch ko badalna zaroori hai, to create an inclusive
nation and an inclusive world. Otherwise, as I said, we can keep on shouting
and mongering, and all of us will definitely go to hell, notwithstanding
spurt in temple construction in Kandhamal or mosques in Kerala and the
North-East and more devotion to religion and Gods.

Regards

Rakesh