[Reader-list] Fwd: 'Pink Chaddi' Facebook group vandalised and taken over

Shilpa Phadke phadkeshilpa at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 10:56:55 IST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kamayani <kamayni at gmail.com>
Date: 2009/4/13
Subject: [mumbaivaw2004] 'Pink Chaddi' Facebook group vandalised and taken
over

From: Nisha Susan
Date: Sat, Apr 11, 2009
Subject: Pink Chaddi vandalised and taken over

Dear All,

Some of you know that the Pink Chaddi facebook group has been hacked over
and over again over the last month. We have written to FB about the violent
messages, the defacing and the threats. Despite all over security measures
the hacks have continued. Facebook has essentially fobbed us off with some
form mail. As of this evening my account has been disabled. The trolls have
taken over. Rather specific *grin* and anatomically correct messages have
been left for me on the group. I can't get in to see what is happening but
friends report that members are being deleted off the group.

FB continues to stay silent. As my friend says, the first rule of Facebook
activism seems to be dont use Facebook.

Oh by the way the trolls have renamed the group 'A good bong is a dead
bong'. Over the month there choices have been Nathuram Godse Appreciation
Society, Dara Singh Appreciation group and other as I said, anatomically
specific ones.

Just wanted to let you know that this is what is happening. I am lobbying
online and would appreciate it if you spread the word.
Thanks,
Nisha