[Reader-list] The True Face of Ulemas and Maolvis ("Anonymous")

M Javed javedmasoo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 12:19:03 IST 2009

Dear Mujahid
I appreciate your being honest about your identity. (Vivek, I'm not
perturbed by the "despotic image" of Islam, and I agree that such
things are a norm among religious institutions/individuals). But my
basic question is: why can't Mujahid reveal all this in Pakistan or
Saudi Arabia itself. Can he write about this in Urdu press in Lahore
(the way Manto tried to do). Yes the society is corrupt and vulgar,
but show the mirror to them first. What would you achieve by
announcing it on Sarai. Nevertheless, its good that you get more
honsla (courage) by Vivek's mail. I hope you will be able to publish
it soon in Urdu and Arabic for the concerned people (and still be able
to survive).

Javed