[Reader-list] SECULARISM -DEFINITION

bipin aliens at dataone.in
Tue Apr 14 18:41:46 IST 2009

Dear All,

Sometime back I have asked for definition of SECULARISM.

In India, I think, who speak for or create show to speak for minority is secular and who speak for majority is communal. This is the definition of secularism in India is prevailing.

The real secularism is to give equal respect and treatment to all the religions (dharma).

But, what is religion or what is Dharma? It is very complicated question.

The real religion or dharma is the work you do honestly and sincerely allotted to you. For Ex. You have to take care of your new born child and make him/her self sufficient by giving good culture, education, discipline, fighting spirit etc. Instead of this if you remain in the activities like prayer in temples/mosque and devote the time after god only is not the real dharma you are adopting. You carry on the work sincerely and honestly you have to do at the different stages of life is the real dharma or religion.

thanks
BIPIN