[Reader-list] Teesta Setalvad cooked up macabre tales on Gujarat Riots : SIT

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 05:14:36 IST 2009

Dear Pawan jee

If I should trust Zahira Sheikh, then why only her statement which accused
Satalvad of threatening her? Why not that statement where she says the goons
killed her family members and she did see them before her own eyes and can
identify them? My contention is that it is because of her flip-flops that
the SC has punished her (if I am not wrong). However my sympathies lie with
the girl primarily because SC should have gone deeper into the malaise and
found out what exactly made the girl change her stance again and again. That
would have been very helpful.

As for your trust of Satalvad, I understand your problem. I feel this is a
murky deal going, so I think we should forget individuals like Satalvad
here. The larger issue is justice for those who got killed. If during the
investigation, it is found that Satalvad or anybody tried to influence such
cases in a wrong way, then the court should punish them for doing so. Why
have cat fights now, when anyway the judges have to take the decision on the
report? Let the report come out and let the judges take the decision, and
then we can sit and debate days and nights over it and the decision as well.

As for Modi government, not for nothing did SC compare it to 'Modern day
Nero'. And Modi was not able to answer anything on Karan Thapar's show
'Devil's Advocate' if you remember.

Regards

Rakesh