[Reader-list] Appeal for the vote and vote bank politics.!

Rajen Uppinangadi rajen882uppinangadi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 12:31:09 IST 2009

Dear Sir,

 As Shuddha is pure, I expected that the list moderated by you would not be
impure by partisan thoughts, but with regret I have to point out that a few
days back, one post, a write up as to why one should vote for Congress and
why one should not encourage BJP by voting was  on the list, to my pleasent
surprise, as I responded to it by pointing out that all political parties
are living on community votes, votes of deifferent castes, faiths and
regions as those communities were created by congress, which was the work of
Congress.

If one observes the post independent India and its elections, none can miss
the maturity of voter from elections to elections, awareness of the voter of
the political reality of the nation and also the education standards of the
voter across India. In 50s if one saw the average voter as gareeb
illiterate, the 70s saw the poor voter hooked by garibi hatao mantra but
voter had hopes that it would work for him, as he was now school drop out.
The next generation of voters post emergency understood the autocratic rule
better, rights and duties came into national consciousness, rights group
started to register their presence, and lastly, ballot showed how powerful
the punishment can be for a dictator. But at the same time, when the chance
given for good governance was frittered away, the same voters chose the
least of the evils, Indira, again instead of the fools like Rajnarain

  Present day generation is not only college drop outs but also skilled
generation in earning skills, aiming for better life in every walk of life,
as IT, BT, ITES, hospitality and other works as skills are foremost along
with education and degrees. This generation therefore has voted with
considerable thoughts to selection of the candidate inspite of blacksheep in
media propagating for the old hat,voter  has chosen wisely, that is the
reason today Congress and BJP have a vote share of nearly 34 percent in the
nation. Funnily, regional satraps and communist combine with less than 10
percent vote share can dictate terms in the coalition era to these big two
national parties with presence all over India.?

    That. BJP let down its core voters in governance with dropping of its
core ideals like ram Mandir, art.370 and uniform civil code is the tragedy
that has struck Advani as it was he who started these ideas and propagated
them and naturally, I see him as sindhi business man who harvested profit
and is now more worried about future profits than the capital.! If only BJP
had facilitated the mandir with goodwill of all involved, even if the NDA
fell from power, it would have come back on its own, ofcourse worthy of
debate.

Whereas Congress though was in coalition, its big brother attitude and its
arrogance is evident even now , after all its allies let it go alone, high
and dry. BJP lost its allies before elections, they were regional allies,
both lost badly, the DMK and TDP. But are in power inspite of their reduced
number of MPs, again debatable issue.Congress took all aboard without any
issues but for power, even compromising the cases in Courts of the murderer,
Shibu Soren, communal Laallu Yadav of yadav clan, communal Mulayam yadav who
is more favourable to fanatics of any faith for his growth, with money bag
Amar Singh. Left, who had supported Congress with principled stand, had to
part ways for the N-deal, and honest prime minister Man Mohan Singh is
thoroghly exposed in the process of deal as the dishonest way in which he
secured votes for this deal, shameless eunuch that he is, honestly
dishonest, many may say. But the deal is disaster for India as now India may
have to go with its army to places where we never thought would be necessary
to "keep our friendship". These Congressmen have never sacrificed anything
in free India except their morals, as Sonia taught them how to loot the
money right under the nose of supreme court as she got the funds defrozen
from London for her uncle Q.

  Having said all this, even I feel Advani is not right for PM post, as he
seems to be busines man for profits rather than a good governor of rule of
laws. If not as home minister, he should have put Sonia behind
bars,Quatrocchi extrdited from malaysia,Jagadeesh tytler and sajan Kumar
should have faced criminal proceedings, and those lawyers who delayed
prosecution of bofors accused should have been censored.Rule of laws were
diluted by Advani like Sonia for his post.

  I hope new generation of indians will elect those irrespective of the
parties they are in, for good governance.

Regards.

Rajen.