[Reader-list] A modest query..

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 23:01:13 IST 2009

Dear Vaid

While no such survey has been conducted, I would say that as I am registered
as a resident of Bhopal, I am not voting as I am currently living in Chennai
(student, IIT-Madras). The reason for being a voter in Bhopal is that I at
least am somewhat familiar with issues in Bhopal and my vote has an effect
there.

In IIT, whether UPA or NDA wins, it has no effect because no Hindutva
culture would be practiced in the campus, no secular practicing too, no
political campaigns inside the campus, 24 hour power irrespective of who
wins (even the Third Front too), and water and food at cheaper rates
combined with other subsidies. Also, living in a campus means we are cut off
from the Chennai city and its problems. And while we can get to know them as
we move around, experiencing them on a daily basis is something different,
something I believe is very essential.

Regards

Rakesh