[Reader-list] foreign and dryness.

subhrodip sengupta sub_sengupta at yahoo.co.in
Fri Apr 17 23:18:44 IST 2009

  Well 'what is foreign' question by one of our reputed scribes seemingly gave a new flavour to an otherwise sour-turned discussion. In between competibg groups, or erstwhile allies with similar propaganda, the question is of extent and degree. What is foreignness, why is it imbibed, is it asscsciated with foreign interests, what kind of Interests, and a less frequently answered question ever since Marx's time vis-a-vis domestic interests, what positive effects will it have on society. I think it was Lenin who for the first time integrated Oriental colonies into the mainstream class struggle. Even this seems to be missing in today's context. Feiw who are are against displacement and SEZs. Yet I rarely find much coverage, except a strong Urge of DEVELOPMENT, what kind of do not ask me, I find many of them are not clear about it. Hey self employment, Kunmarappa-gandhi models are good, but except inflation and terrorrism, old ghosts, I'd say for
 I'd rather prefer to see a Sherawat or latest hot dance song rather than these useless vent of frustration, but what is in store for a youngster like me, or rather a chunk of the population who have entered the sufferrage?  OK factories, Jobs, but at what cost? What assures me that it wouldnt fail like other industrialisation plans? What about a freer, happier life, a freedom to marry or at least live with someone i like? Tauba tauba, we need BPO's we need Hospitality, Co-eds, but NO yes, a Strict NO-NO to living together. What else can be expected from a homo-phobic world(please sense a joke in it for senses of many including erstwhile me had dried up if not for election fever, definitely by summer heat!) And I have not read articles about this new advertising campaign going on---Election fethism, few parties do really choose the direct ad in television, why and what are their expectations. Note this is a way to introduce new ideas, but also makes
 us think hard because all of a sudden we have become so important why? I do not know how the Indian political fever will frame itself, it could, but it rather seems it is going through stagnation, or whether there will be any new reforms or tragjectories. When someone calling for an united nation joins supporters of a bi-got no one raises a hue and cry.  No-one highlights mining streel industry has a bright futute, in-spite of trying to pull in industries of their choice, trying to aim guns at Animal Spirits. Everyone shouts Recession, Recession and bailouts without trying to get degree and extent of it. Let me tell you how recession has hit Delhi, would have put up an article about the financial crisis and recession in india, but Exam time, well will put up some interesting parody on Du exams later on too, promise! Yes the formula--- If one man can be made to do work of three then fire two, makes sense when there is fever. Who could ever fire on
 Animal Spirits, who could try to solve the Recession? Why not ? Is india's think tank running dry? Satyam is clearly not case for every firm. Well what about providing accident insurance to workers. Election day, stiitng at home I hear experiences of people beaten by CRPF or Homeguard Security but media chooses not to report it. Dry. What do people want ok other than peace and happiness who can show them a dream? We hit on Multiplexes and IPL as political stunts but none want theater and socially educated crowd, because then they would never behave as a mob. And workers rights? Well all they need is a fat-pay pack, hiked just before polls as an incentive of certain employees.
NO thats definitely not hike, and workers do not stay back at home and Bunk most of them do not. The sad part is india has reached a state where Bigotism has questioned the existance of the Seventh largest nation off course not without it's failure to make it's postive influence felt across evry corner and people take state in such places too seriously, I mean it's sphere of influence, or do not debate the influence over maligned instruments like police which has nexus with evils. Everytime a police officer refuses to lodge an FIR is also the same time that loclas and media men remain silent, and now in a mad rush to make numbers and off course add-up extra gain every party is trying to form it's own government in the centre with a promise to it's people  We'll bring lion's share home. Another parody. Indeed, in a nation where more than 30% expenditure goes on Ammunition instead of medical relief, and many benifits that officials should recieve do not
 because of rules and regulations, a country where private capital and government go hand in hand, evreryone nearly converges. And left out is a dry debate. A very dry debate. To the Foriegn question on Sanata dharma, I say Athiti Devo Bhabo! By the way couldnt people taking about phiosophy also take up some debates on various facets? Surely they can but woud they? Neuclear debate--- sitting in SRcc someone is speaking about it. He ignores the compactness and waste-handling methods that have been followed in India, as many aspects such as fuel costs etc Why/ because we are not Engineers. Similarly technocrats ignore societal facts at times. A debate which is required never develops. Laloo speaks strategically at IIMs, so that he can explain Surplus-bluff stuff, thanks thy'd not allow me or I'd ask why surplus than no quality improvemnt sir, while subsidy to Airlines. The class bias is clear risisng and the question removed from politics, introduced is
 caste bias which would be more popular, again ignored in mainsteam when we talk of women empowerment, why are wives mere spokeswomen of husbands or Rabri's fuming is brushed aside!
May be this is India. Still where it was '20s,  Sasta hain, chaalta hain!