[Reader-list] Shameful Torture of 23 Muslims Prisoners on March 26-27 In Sabarmati Jail, Ahamedabad: A Report by Human Rights Activists

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 22:01:29 IST 2009

Dear Kshamendra

If you want to rate the Modi government on the conceptions of 'Hindutva
based governance', it would be better to first know these statements from
M.S.Golwalkar about his ideas of what India should be (A Hindu Rashtra
indeed) :

>From the link: http://www.countercurrents.org/comm-guha281106.htm

1) His ideas are summarised in the book Bunch of Thoughts, which draws upon
the lectures he delivered over the years (mostly in Hindi) to RSS shakhas
across the country. This identifies the Hindus, and they alone, as the
privileged community of India. It disparages democracy as alien to the Hindu
ethos and extols the code of Manu, whom Golwalkar salutes as "the first, the
greatest, and the wisest lawgiver of mankind".

2) Golwalkar writes that the "hostile elements within the country pose a far
greater menace to national security than aggressors from outside". He
identifies three major "Internal Threats: I: The Muslims; II: The
Christians; III: The Communists". A long chapter impugns the patriotism of
these groups, speaking darkly of their "future aggressive designs on our
country".

3) Thus, on December 6, 1947, Golwalkar convened a meeting of RSS workers in
the town of Govardhan, not far from Delhi. The police report on this meeting
says it discussed how to "assassinate the leading persons of the Congress in
order to terrorise the public and to get their hold over them".

4) Two days later, Golwalkar addressed a crowd of several thousand
volunteers at the Rohtak Road Camp in Delhi. The police reporter in
attendance wrote that the RSS leader said that "the Sangh will not rest
content until it had finished Pakistan. If anyone stood in our way we will
have to finish them too, whether it was Nehru Government or any other
Government... " Referring to Muslims, he said that no power on earth could
keep them in Hindustan. They should have to quit this country... "If they
were made to stay here the responsibility would be the Government's and the
Hindu community would not be responsible. Mahatma Gandhi could not mislead
them any longer. We have the means whereby [our] opponents could be
immediately silenced".

5) Golwalkar himself argued that "in this land Hindus have been the owners,
Parsis and Jews the guests, and Muslims and Christians the dacoits". He
asked, maliciously: "Then do all these have the same right over the
country?"

6) The RSS leader, noted Karaka, "thinks in terms of Hindu India and only
Hindu India".

>From the link:

http://www.sacw.net/DC/CommunalismCollection/ArticlesArchive/Puniyani6March06.html

1)Golwalkar goes on to assert,"From the standpoint sanctioned by the
experience of shrewd nations, the non-Hindu people in Hindustan must either
adopt the Hindu culture and language, must learn to respect and revere Hindu
religion, must entertain no idea but the glorification of Hindu nation i.e.
they must not only give up their attitude of intolerance and ingratitude
towards this land and its age long traditions, but must also cultivate the
positive attitude of love and devotion instead; in one word, they must cease
to be foreigners or may stay in the country wholly subordinated to the Hindu
nation, claiming nothing, deserving no privileges, for less any preferential
treatment, not even the citizen's rights." (Ibid p.52).

Going by account on all this, the Gujarat government has actually done quite
well. It has certainly decimated Christians and Muslims, and ensured they
have to live in constant fear and certainly as second-class citizens of the
country.

Hindutva-based governance is pure nonsense. The very word Hindutva was
coined first by Savarkar, an atheist. And we who believe in idol-worship now
are talking about it. This is totally ridiculous as Savarkar was against any
form of idol worship himself. So also is Hindutva devoid of idol worship.

Hindutva is a threat to India and its conception. Therefore, it should be
banned totally from India.

Regards

Rakesh