[Reader-list] Shameful Torture of 23 Muslims Prisoners on March 26-27 In Sabarmati Jail, Ahamedabad: A Report by Human Rights Activists

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 17:22:14 IST 2009

Dear Kshamendra

I am happy to begin with that you have stated that bridging divides is the
key point you are looking for. And even I would like to be a part of that.
And for the rest of your points, I too agree with them.

After all, Modi hasn't got each vote for his party; there can be many other
factors for the same as well. Equally, I am not asking you or anyone to
dismiss the BJP for that matter, basically because it does win votes after
all. And one must note that as of now, it is one of the two major poles on
which any government formation at the centre depends.

However, when you stated that Modi could have provided Hindutva based
governance instead of doing such things, I felt it was wrong because
Hindutva essentially means this. First of all, I would like to point out
that whether one accepts it or not, the conceptions of Hindutva have been
defined by Savarkar and the RSS. And while you or I can have our
conceptions, they are of no use simply because only the RSS version is
employed.

I would be glad if you could mention your conception of Hindutva as well
before we go ahead with any further discussion.

Regards

Rakesh