[Reader-list] Shameful Torture of 23 Muslims Prisoners on March 26-27 In Sabarmati Jail, Ahamedabad: A Report by Human Rights Activists

Kshmendra Kaul kshmendra2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 20 19:12:37 IST 2009

Dear Shuddha

Varun is already a 'star' for the BJP.

Now even if does not utter even a single indiscrete comment, his very being will serve as a subliminal reminder of his utterances in Philbit.

The shocking part is that nothing can be done about it. The Philbit speech was neither all of nor the only 'hate' speech of his.

One should have been certain that if Varun wins the election, he will lose his seat under the Election Code. One isnt certain.

That he should be allowed to contest the elections after his speeches is in itself a shame for India.

Opinions have been expressed elsewhere that although the NSA should not have been used against Varun, his being locked up in jail for a few days is far more desirable than his being booked under any other provision of the Law, which would be a bailable offence and under which he would spend just a few hours in jail or at best do an overnighter. The 'lesser evil' argument for sobering him up and perhaps to serve as a cautioning example for others. (You have made known your views on NSA)

I have judged Varun. He is guilty in my eyes. He is Anti-National.

I will repeat what I wrote a month back:

"My penalty for him would be to place him for 6 months to look after the footwear of worshipers at some Mosque and devotees at some Dargah (shrine). I would put him for another 6 months at an old age home for impoverished Muslims where he is asked to look after the most basic of their (needs) including feeding them, nursing them and helping them with their toiletries."

Kshmendra