[Reader-list] some thoughts around 'missing balls' by Prof. ShivJi Panikkar

Inder Salim indersalim at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 19:28:25 IST 2009

Dear All
Attached is
Presentation Paper/ (To Be Re-Worked/Not to be Quoted)  by Prof.
Shivji Pankkkar of MS University Baroda, Gujarat, who was suspended by
Narender Modi's Govt because he was the Art Teacher of a student of
his faculty Mr. Chandermohan who was arrested by police for painting (
as they see it ) derogatory to some mythological characters. The case
of Prof. Shivji  and Mr. ChanderMohan has been discussed many times
over, but this time he has added some more layers to his presentation
, first at JNU , Arts and Aesthetic Department, and yesterday at a
Penal Discussion at Lalit Kala Academy, under the banner  Censorship
in Art.

i am quite eager to know what the active members of the list think
about it. I have my own doubts, and fears about the present political
scenario in India where 'freedom of expression' has been at receiving
end, mostly because of political opportunism  played by both Right and
Left wing parties.

The case is quite interesting, as Mr. Shivji has declared himself  as
Gay during his presentation, which i applauded from the depths of my
heart, as no Art critic or Historian has dared to mix personal with
political in our country. His Balls are intact, I assure you, please
read and feel yourself.

with love
inder salim

http://whathappenedtopleasure.blogspot.com/2009/04/what-happend-to-pleasure-by-shivji.html

please click the blog  to read

since the pasting his text directly bounced back three four times, so
this might work