[Reader-list] Modi for PM??

Taha Mehmood 2tahamehmood at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 26 19:43:30 IST 2009

Dear All

I have stated in my earlier posts how, a bollywood starlet, Preity
Zinta has voiced the need for a MNIC card. I was quite amused by this
news item pasted below which hinted that Ms Zinta would also like to
have Mr. Modi as her PM. This is what she has to say about our own
'Hindu Hriday Samrat'-

'today I support him with all my heart. He should be India’s Prime
Minister. Look at how he has administered Gujarat. Every politician
has something bad to his name but Modi is one politician who also has
something good to his name. If we have five states like Gujarat, India
will shine.”

I think Ms. Zinta's statements both in terms of MNIC and Modi are
important because of the platform which popular culture provides,
which has certainly far more reach than, say, a press statement from
Registrar General of India's office or for that matter a question
asked in the parliament on the need for a MNIC card.

Regards

Taha

http://deshgujarat.com/2009/01/25/now-preity-zinta-says-narendra-modi-should-be-indias-pm/

Now Preity Zinta says, Narendra Modi should be India’s PM
Ahmedabad, DeshGujarat, 25 January, 2009

After India’s top business honchos including Ratan Tata, Mukesh
Ambani, Sunil Bharti Mittal, Anil Ambani, Kumarmangalam Birla and
Politicians from completely different ideology CPM Muslim MP from
Kerala Mr. Abdullakutti and Trinamool Congress leader Ms. Mamta
Banerjee, Gujarat’s popular Chief Minister Narendra Modi has found one
more recent public supporter and admirer, this time from Bollywood.

Bollywood film actress Preity Zinta in her latest interview praised
Narendra Modi and said Narendra Modi should become India’s Prime
Minister.

When Times of India group’s tabloid Mumbai Mirror asked Preity Zinta
“Do you plan to enter politics?” Preity replied “More than one party
has asked me to stand in the forthcoming elections but I have no
interest in politics. Every political party is the same. I am open to
supporting someone but not a party. I don’t support Hindu-Muslim
politics. I certainly don’t support what happened in Godhra. Even
Narendra Modi must have realised this and it won’t happen again. Till
last year, I didn’t support Modi but today I support him with all my
heart. He should be India’s Prime Minister. Look at how he has
administered Gujarat. Every politician has something bad to his name
but Modi is one politician who also has something good to his name. If
we have five states like Gujarat, India will shine.”

Recently in Narendra Modi’s Vibrant Gujarat Global Investors Summit,
Bollywood actors Paresh Rawal and Shatrughna Sinha were present. In
past, item girl Rakhi Sawant had compared Modi with lion when she was
in Ahmedabad. Last year Bollywood actor Anupam Kher had arranged a
special preview of his film ‘A Wednesday’ for Modi in Gandhinagar and
praised Modi.