[Reader-list] what can be done to boost employment in this global meltdown?

subhrodip sengupta sub_sengupta at yahoo.co.in
Mon Apr 27 23:01:21 IST 2009

Yes, this spectre of unemployment or unique oppurtunity to the social scientist has left the coloums of the newspaper, leaped from the business channel, previously everybody who knew I was anĀ Economics major used to ask me this same irritating question,about the Great Indian Recession, though I couldn't figure out anything great with hospitality guys losing job, or foriegners their wieghtage, admittedly for authenticity,lest of of our teachers have shared their concerns with us, though there is nothing irritating about blind campaigning, there is indeed something funny in repeating the same things without Undestanding----'DO OR DIE--PARO KIMBA MORO'. But now Something even better happened. Somehow the fever overshot in the paper-setters brain and unwired it. (S)he sets the ball rolling in an unlikely Venue, the examination hall, University of Delhi, part2, Macroeconomics, Suggest some measures to improve employment (& investment are 2 things) in this
 Global-meltdown, thank god not India needless to say, I read, 'Repeat'! Ok, leaving too much of idiosyncracies behind, lest it worry my reader even more, as if being constantly reminded of loosing the job is not bad Enough, I would like to set the ball rolling, suggest, give some Ideas, let some honest debate take place, Off course U might state the Vada-Pao joke, but let not the emotions sway into our recent over heat. What measure has India taken which is more Remarkable than the US. or are both equally despicable? Lets start. I'll join in off course, coz I find somewhat interest in this idea, dont acuse me if you guess the summer has unwired my brains, studying 1 year's course in a day or two (definitely 3 months if not an year's) could have done some damage, but I do not hurt others. Let's start rolling. Recession in India.

      From Chandigarh to Chennai - find friends all over India. Go to http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/citygroups/