[Reader-list] Fw: Whither DEMOCRACY!

subhrodip sengupta sub_sengupta at yahoo.co.in
Tue Apr 28 11:26:48 IST 2009

Hello all,
              Just was goin through the shoe-hurling business, did you see how the security men plunged on the poor shoe-hurler who aimed the PM, just out of view of public can see the video on shoe hurled on pm episode. One may also see how police extracted a statement from the wanna-be engineer. Unabashed the PM continues knowing the guy is being taken care of. Do not now what hapened to him, but who was worse in name of democratic practice a man whose wrath was shown on a puppet and brought all thieves together or the agents of the party who do not hear the ordinary peoples voices even in a campaign and force their propaganda through people using force and violence. Surely the party mastaans wouldnt let his voice heard, either! I may say it is a cheap thing to do at everyday level, but whither democracy. Democracy is taking side once in every five years, nothing else? No body needs to answer things at all. Dutt made two allegations and
 got 2 fir's. One at the police which is sometimes saffron dorn, without further investigations accusing him of inciting communalism would be wrong, it could happen to anybody else if not him, the question is does it happen, then anyways it is stark expression of facts and not any incitement, it is a self defence measure, even if it is it is against Police not ordinary people, in the other statement against Mayawati which is so unpopular, I guess he used popular words against the corrupt leaders including Mal managed liqour shops, I think he had ARM-shops in mind. To dodge further analysis, Maya slammed another FIR, and worse acted funny taking it on a personal tone and talking about sisters in his own family! What a bloody communalism, isnt it!