[Reader-list] [Trivial Matters] The Godfather of Bangalore

Akshay akshaym at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 04:26:01 IST 2009

[image: Godfathers of Bangalore ©
WIRED]<http://www.flickr.com/photos/lecercle/3484594250/>
[The billionaire and former don "Muthappa Rai" is also a man of leisure.
Here he drives a golf cart in front of his mansion just outside of
Bangalore.]

This part of a story I helped and shot for *Wired*
<http://www.wired.com/>on Bangalore's Land Mafia - it is centered
around a former mob boss turned
business men and politician muthappa rai.
Well you find most of the details her in the online version of the story - *
here*<http://www.wired.com/techbiz/people/magazine/16-11/mf_mobgalore?currentPage=1>
.

Here are the other pictures

1

[image: Godfathers of Bangalore ©
WIRED]<http://www.flickr.com/photos/lecercle/3484590884/>
[Two burly men carrying shotguns smile grimly as I drive past the first
checkpoint to Muthappa Rai's fortified compound. I'm an hour south of
Bangalore in a patchwork of fallow fields and construction sites. Rai's
mansion comes into view at the top of a hill, a giant white building
surrounded by a 20-foot-high concrete wall.]

2

[image: Godfathers of Bangalore ©
WIRED]<http://www.flickr.com/photos/lecercle/3483775229/>
['Agni’ Sridhar, a former Bangalore don turned filmaker, editor and
journalist at his house in Bangalore. His bangalore house and office is a
walled complex with electic fences and 20 foot walls around it.He wrote the
cult Kannada movie Aa Dinagalu
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aa_dinagalu>which is based on his day in
bangalore's Mafia.]

3

[image: Godfathers of Bangalore ©
WIRED]<http://www.flickr.com/photos/lecercle/3484587728/>
[Lokesh's nickname, "Malama", means "medicine". As in if you have a problem,
Lokesh is the medicine. He is a well-known rowdie who settles real estate
deals with force. He has several cases, included those of murder against
him. He believes he is a old school gangster and believes more using knifes
and swords then guns]

4

[image: Godfathers of Bangalore ©
WIRED]<http://www.flickr.com/photos/lecercle/3483771525/>
[Lawyer and associate of mid-level assosiate Muttapa Rai at his pigeon-hole
office in Shivajinagar.]

--
Posted By Akshay to Trivial
Matters<http://trivialmatters.blogspot.com/2009/04/godfather-of-bangalore.html>on