[Reader-list] On Delhi

Rana Dasgupta rana at ranadasgupta.com
Sat Aug 1 15:50:08 IST 2009

Hello Taha

I don't really know why you're continuing to argue this point - that
real estate is going down.  As even the original text makes clear, the
real-estate barons of the 90s and early 00s are moving out of real
estate into other industries with different cycles (in MC's case:
food).  As I said before, these are businessmen, and their whole energy
is devoted to assessing the risks and returns attached to possible
investments.  If you are able to look at the Indian real estate market
now and see that future gains will be under pressure, don't you think
they must have realised this long ago?

--
"I'm an ex-citizen of nowhere. And sometimes I get mighty homesick."

Rana Dasgupta
www.ranadasgupta.com