[Reader-list] Fwd: Temples Of Mirpur

A.K. Malik akmalik45 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 2 00:15:44 IST 2009

Dear Rakesh,
 I think the role of the press in making comments like Muslim appointed President/Vice President/Chief Justice of India etc do bring out as if some favour has been done to them.In all other cases the word Hindu never appears. Similarly, same is being done for Dalits.Dalit appointed Speaker, dalit women raped etc.When you read all such things, it comes to one's mind that all atrocities are being done to dalits only,if a Muslim is appointed to a high post, it is news as if there is some favour.
But Rakesh, the viewpoint people like me have made is based on seeing negative discriminations especially with the majority community.There are lakhs of people like you who espouse the cause of the minorities because you perhaps feel strongly if something wrong is being done.Reverse cases are only isolated because they fear repercussions from their communities.
Then there are personal experiences as well.In our Office we used to take lunch together even sharing some items with each other, with one of the officers being a Muslim.There had never been any discrimination. The moment another Muslim officer joined our office, this gentleman switched over to having lunch with that fellow right from the lunch next day itself.Same thing happened with the SC officer. None of usĀ  has ever done like that in our lifetime.Rather I have seen minority community officers doing favours to ilks of their faith but rarely so with the majority community.
The divide is thus increasing day by day.

(A.K.MALIK)