[Reader-list] FWD: Vikram Buddhi, has been incarcerated since April 2006 in various prisons in the USA.

Iram Ghufran iram at sarai.net
Fri Aug 7 10:04:44 IST 2009

Fwd: Vikram Buddhi, has been incarcerated since April 2006 in various
prisons in the USA. Urgent - we need to take this forward
From:
"Sujata & Samantak" <kokopeli at gmail.com>
Date:
Tue, 4 Aug 2009 22:26:31 +0530

To:
SARAI Reader List <reader-list at sarai.net>

Dear All,
This was sent to me by a friend and I thought you might be interested.
Apologies for intruding.
Samantak

Friends,
I am sending you the following story which I am not sure was ever
brought to your notice or not. Only last week we, came to know about
this and were pretty shocked by the state of affairs. Both Vikram and
his father are really being harassed and tortured by the US
administration, to say the least. There is enough evidence to prove that
the trial is absolutely unfair and is a miscarriage of justice,
something which we want individuals and organisations across India, USA
and the world to take up immediately.

We are planning to meet with the Indian authorities to push our
government to enquire from the US Govt what is happening with the Indian
student. However, inorder to assure justice and human rights for Vikram
and Dr. Subbarao, it is necessary that all of us do our best to ring
this up with governments, media and international human rights
organisations.

Please forward widely
http://www.petitiononline.com/freevb/petition.html
Visit also: http://freevb.blogspot.com

Regards and in the hope that many you will take it up immediately,

Vijayan MJ
Delhi Forum