[Reader-list] Inedia launches 7 eyes in the sky.......

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 15:30:02 IST 2009

Dear Rajen

Thanks for posting this. The DRDO is one of the most useless organizations
in my view, and therefore it really needs to be kicked off. Infact, the very
idea of military use in today's world seems to be a farce, whether it be the
use of militancy or terrorism as a state agenda or even the defence sector.
Ideally, all nations should simply disband their army, navy and air forces,
and instead give some kind of voluntary army type training to all to
inculcate a sense of discipline within people, which can help them in their
lives later. This need not be to serve the nation, but should be used at
times of calamity to save the people.

Instead, I heard the Prime Minister say recently, that terrorism is being
tackled by increasing allocations for defence budget, as if the DRDO
missiles are going to prevent terror attacks from taking place.

Regards

Rakesh